One year blogging anniversary
Happy birthday to us! Today is our one year blogging anniversary. I’m not quite sure how a whole year has gone by so fast but time does fly when you are having fun.
Apparently, most bloggers quit before they get to the year point so it’s a big deal to celebrate your one year blogging anniversary. So, I’m going to take a minute to take stock and celebrate. I dare say I’ll open a bottle of bubbles tonight.
My initial expectations
I’m really proud of the progress I’ve made to date. When I started out, I didn’t really know what to expect. I was clueless and naive. I did have a couple of objectives with the blog that does still drive my posts though – write something that people will find informative, or make them feel better. Whether that’s through sharing my experiences or trying to make you laugh that’s what I aim to do with each post.
Why I love blogging
I kind of expected that I would enjoy blogging and I was right. I bloody love it. I find it so cathartic to pour my heart out on here.
Sometimes when I’ve been really upset about something I’ve blogged about it and you guys have told me you’ve been there and it’s helped me so much. When I wrote about Arlo not doing well at school you gave us so much great advice that even Papa Ginge told me later that night that reading your comments helped him to feel better. You also gave us lots of real practical tips that we were able to put into practice.
A kind comment from one of you makes it all worthwhile. Especially as the blog/vlog is really warts and all – we don’t hold back and we show you pretty much every facet of our lives. That you support us (in spite of that) means so much to us.
Becoming a pro-blogger is my (pipe) dream
When I began blogging, I just wanted to have a blog. Now I passionately want this to become my full time job. I want to get better and bigger and really make this into something that can sustain me financially.
All my life I’ve never really known what I wanted to do for a career until now. Nothing ever felt right until this and now I realise, this is what I want to do. I finally have a dream that I can work on achieving. Just by reading this you are helping me to achieve it. I don’t know if it’s a realistic dream. Whether I can make it in such a highly saturated and competitive market but I’m going to give it a bloody good go.
I’m over the moon to be a finalist in the parenting category at the UK Blog Awards this April, it’s such a big achievement for me. I’m obviously really hoping to win as that would help me to achieve my blogging goals.
Progress against my 6 month goals
I mentioned some goals in my 6 month ‘bloggerversary’ post, so how did I go achieving against those?
- I did launch my new blog design and logo. I hope you guys like it.
- I did not learn how to use my DSLR and start editing all my photos. This is my top 2017 goal. I did do a session with a photographer friend but I have a long long way to go here and its not something that comes naturally to me.
- I kind of started scheduling more. I’m ok at scheduling on Facebook but I need to join a paid for scheduler for twitter.
- Lena still nurses on demand so I haven’t made it to any blogging/vlogging conferences yet but I’m going to UK Blog Awards in April and Blog On in September.
- I have spent more time reading other blogs, watching other vlogs and networking but want to increase this further.
- I got my first sponsored blog post, and then a further 5. Plus I turned down more than double that in opportunities that I didn’t feel fit my blog or where I would have had to compromise my integrity.
- I need to grow my social media networks further. If you like what I write then please share my pages with your friends! I’ve grown a lot but obviously this is another big target of mine for 2017.
- Generally, I need to keep at what I’ve been doing, develop my style and voice further and get more confident when it comes to blogging, and especially vlogging. I feel like I have made some progress on this but I’m still learning.
My stats at a year
- Total blog posts published on nomipalony – 80
- Overall blog views – 27,300
- Overall blog users – 20,000
- Overall Youtube views – 154,780
- DA – 24
- Klout – 69
- Facebook – 1026
- Twitter – 1921
- Instagram – 1206
- YouTube – 376 subs
- Pinterest – 630 followers
- Snapchat – 618
- Rise parenting score – 55
- Tots 100 score – 276
Goals to reach by the end of my second year blogging
- Improve my photography
- Double my following on all social media and improve engagement
- Increase monthly page views to 10,000 per month
- Increase the amount I’m earning significantly
- Increase my DA to 30
So to any of you reading this – thank you! Thanks for taking the time to read my posts, to follow me on social media. Thanks for liking, commenting, sharing and retweeting my posts.
Thanks for every time you’ve taken time out of your busy and stressful days to interact with me. You have no idea how much it means to me.
I’ve finally found my dream job (its only taken me 33 years) and you guys are helping me turn my pipe-dream into a reality one click at a time. I might fail in the end, but at least I know I’ll have given it a bloody good shot and if I’ve helped even one of you along the way then its been worth it.
So, let’s see what adventures await us all in year two!
23 thoughts on “My one year blogging anniversary”
Happy Anniversary! Has it really only been a year?! Your blog is so great I thought you’d been doing it for much longer! Here’s to many more years and achieving your goals xx
Thank you Chloe! Yeah it’s flown over!
Happy Blog Birthday Nyomi – you know that I love your blog and have every faith that you can go pro. If I can do it I am a trillion percent sure you can. Fab goals for 2017-18 😀
Awwww thank you blogging Mammy ? Your support means so much to me xx
You’ve done amazingly well in just a year! Fingers crossed you can make your dream come true and become a pro blogger- I’m sure you can!!
Thanks so much Beth, that’s so lovely to hear.
HAPPY BLOG BIRTHDAY! Keep up the good work 🙂 x
Thanks Emma!! Just did a bit of a fangirl to get a comment from you – I love your blog so it’s so cool to see a lovely comment from you here. You made my day x
Happy birthday to your blog! You have done amazingly well in a year….I thought you had been blogging for much longer and I was just late in finding you.
Here’s to many more years xxx
Thanks so much Kim! Xx
Happy blogging anniversary (almost blogging anniversary twinny!) can’t believe it’s been a year! you have achieved so much!
Thanks Cat. And same to you – I went blog post instead of fb live – I didn’t have a cake. So nice to be on this journey with you guys! x
Happy blogiversery! Enjoy your bubbles this evening!
Happy anniversary to one of my fave bloggers, can’t wait to watch you achieve your goals x
Awww thanks Rachel, that’s so lush to hear. You are the sweetest! X
Happy blog Birthday lovely! It’s been a pleasure watching your blog grow and I am sure that your second year will be even better than the first x
Awww thanks Donna. It means a lot to me to read this comment from you. You are an inspiration to me. Thanks for coming and leaving me a comment! x
Huge congratulations to your blog! I love your posts, they really do hit that goal of entertaining and informative really well 🙂
Happy blog birthday to you too from me and Wolly! Xx
Thanks Georgina and Wolly! We were wondering where you had gone because we hadn’t heard from you in a while. How are you guys doing? X
Happy belated blog birthday, you have done amazing for just one year of blogging. xx
Thank you!! X