It’s been two months already since my last funny things my 5-year-old has said post. The news is pretty depressing at the moment so I figured it was time for the 4th edition for some light relief.
Here are some things my 5-year-old has said lately that have made me chuckle…
- Arlo: Mammy do you know that some kids grow together in their mammy’s tummy?’ Me: Yes, and do you know what they’re called?’ Arlo, enthusiastically: ‘Yeah, pandas’. Ermmm not quite.
- On the letter D: ‘Is that the normal d or the caterpillar d? (Capital d)
- Arlo at 3.30pm in May: ‘Look at that shooting star’. Me: ‘Arlo that’s a bird’
- On why dogs lick you: ‘to see if you taste nice so then they can eat you’. No wonder he’s terrified of dogs.
- Me: ‘If you could be any animal Arlo, what would you be?’. Arlo: ‘a ghost’
- A van pulled alongside us and beeped its horn loudly. I jumped. Arlo said ‘did he scare your life out Mammy?’ Yes he did son.
- On his sister: ‘Lena is like a werehulf’ (werewolf). You’re not wrong there kid.
- On his baby sister’s origins: ‘How did Lena get here? Did she walk here like Boss Baby or did she grow in your tummy?’.
- On a sign above a sink at school that says ‘wash your hands’: ‘That sign says if you don’t wash your hands you will die to death’. Seems extreme but he’s got the general message so I didn’t bother correcting him.
- Arlo on the haves and have-nots: ‘People who don’t have homes have to live under trampolines’. Oddly specific. I mean what do you even say to that?!
That’s all for now. I’ll bring you another instalment once I’ve collected the next bunch of corkers!
12 thoughts on “10 funny things my 5-year-old has said lately”
Lol, loving the school tap sign. They do get preoccupied and take very seriously anything that school day, don’t they.
They really do don’t they. Funny little lads.
Eeee he’s a cracker! This has brightened my day : D
Yay, that makes me happy!
You may need to be concerned if he’s comparing Lena to boss baby ?
She is like that boss baby in far too many ways!
People without homes have to live under trampolines!! ? where did you get him from?! – brilliant!!!
I’ve no idea Kirsty! I’ve yet to figure out where that nugget came from
Kids say the funniest of things. I love the Boss Baby and caterpillar D one! So cute. He’ll laugh at this post in years to come!
Thank you! Yeah, I really hope we can all look back on this and laugh when he’s older (and that he doesn’t hate me for it!)
Did she walk here like Boss Baby – hahahaha love it! xx
Cracked me up too!