It’s been two months already since my last funny things my 5-year-old has said post. The news is pretty depressing at the moment so I figured it was time for the 4th edition for some light relief.
Here are some things my 5-year-old has said lately that have made me chuckle…
- Arlo: Mammy do you know that some kids grow together in their mammy’s tummy?’ Me: Yes, and do you know what they’re called?’ Arlo, enthusiastically: ‘Yeah, pandas’. Ermmm not quite.
- On the letter D: ‘Is that the normal d or the caterpillar d? (Capital d)
- Arlo at 3.30pm in May: ‘Look at that shooting star’. Me: ‘Arlo that’s a bird’
- On why dogs lick you: ‘to see if you taste nice so then they can eat you’. No wonder he’s terrified of dogs.
- Me: ‘If you could be any animal Arlo, what would you be?’. Arlo: ‘a ghost’
- A van pulled alongside us and beeped its horn loudly. I jumped. Arlo said ‘did he scare your life out Mammy?’ Yes he did son.
- On his sister: ‘Lena is like a werehulf’ (werewolf). You’re not wrong there kid.
- On his baby sister’s origins: ‘How did Lena get here? Did she walk here like Boss Baby or did she grow in your tummy?’.
- On a sign above a sink at school that says ‘wash your hands’: ‘That sign says if you don’t wash your hands you will die to death’. Seems extreme but he’s got the general message so I didn’t bother correcting him.
- Arlo on the haves and have-nots: ‘People who don’t have homes have to live under trampolines’. Oddly specific. I mean what do you even say to that?!
That’s all for now. I’ll bring you another instalment once I’ve collected the next bunch of corkers!
Never Miss a Post
Click here to subscribe to our mailing list