Whether you are on your final day of February half-term (well done, you made it) or your kids are about to break up from school, here are 10 February half-term truths that I’ve experienced this week with my little rascals.
- Your kids will say they are hungry and ask for snacks every 7 minutes.
- The weather will suck and spoil all your plans.
- You will decide to take your kids out once a day, despite the arctic conditions so they stop climbing the walls like deranged monkeys on speed. You then immediately regret it when everyone starts crying because it’s too cold. I attempted the farm in 1 degree weather and snow. School girl error.
- You will wonder many times, if screen time is really so bad?! Surely it’s better than them killing each other or you being forced to play hide and seek for the 90 billionth time?!
- You will shout the words ‘if you kids don’t stop fighting’ so many times, that if it were a drinking game, you’d be in a coma. In fact, you break up so many fights, that you consider changing career to a WWE referee.
- You will wish they could always be home with you, whilst simultaneously also feeling ready for school to be back RIGHT NOW.
- You’ll all stay in pjs all day if you aren’t going anywhere. Your washing basket thanks you.
- If your kids say they are bored, you will hate yourself for sounding like your mam by saying ‘why don’t you tidy up’ or ‘do your homework then’.
- You will fanaticise about the start of Spring. Today I even got excited about the prospect of hanging clothes out to dry in the garden. Living my best life over here…
- You will get 10 times more snuggles than normal and LOVE every second of them!
Never Miss a Post
Click here to subscribe to our mailing list