I made this recipe the other week and showed it on my Instagram Stories and lots of you asked for the recipe so here it is! This is my family recipe for a cheap and hearty one-pot corned beef stew.
Some people also call this a corned beef hash or corned beef hash stew. It’s the ultimate comfort food, especially served with some fresh bread and butter for dipping! My kids love this one too – both helping to make it and eating it so I’d fully recommend it to those of you who are busy parents.
I often make this corned beef hash recipe when money is running low as it is really affordable and makes a big pot that lasts our family throughout the week.
Corned beef stew recipe
One pot corned beef stew recipe
- Large pan
- Stirring/serving spoon
- 1400 g potatoes
- 2 cans corned beef
- 1 kg frozen mixed vegetables
- 170 g gravy
- Wash and chop the potatoes into chunks or quarters. You can peel your potatoes if you like but I can never be bothered.
- Cover the potatoes with water and bring to the boil. Then simmer until parboiled.
- Add the frozen veg in with the potatoes. Add a little extra water so the potatoes/vegetables are just covered if required.
- Simmer until the vegetables are cooked.
- Meanwhile open and chop the corned beef into chunks. If you have kids mine love to help chop the corned beef.
- When the veg is cooked, add the gravy to the pan and stir until it's a consistency that yoy like. We like ours pretty thick. I add a little, then stir and then repeat until I'm satisfied.
- Then add the chopped corned beef to the stew and stir until fully mixed and serve up.
- Keep any leftovers for reheating another day.
If you liked this corned beef stew recipe then you might like some of my other recipes:
- One pot healthy halloumi hash
- Pan-fried halloumi with caramelised red onion and lentils
- One pot butternut squash soup with apple, leek, chick peas and lentils
- Chocolate banana smoothie recipe
My blogger friend Katy has a great recipe for slow cooker beef casserole with dumplings too.
If you have any questions drop them in the comments and if you make this and like it then do let me know!
16 thoughts on “One pot corned beef stew recipe”
Really easy to follow and tasty.
Very helpful photos too!
Thanks so much, I’m so pleased you like it!
Best stew recipe I’ve used!
That’s so great to hear, thank you.
Love this recipe! So easy to make and great for batch cooking!
Ah I’m so pleased. We make a huge batch too
Best corned beef stew recipe I’ve tried. Definitely a big hit in our home
Ah wonderful, thank you for letting me know!
Absolute incredible to eat and so easy to make
I’m so pleased you like it!
Regular favourite in our house, comfort food at its best! Often just hung it all in the slow cooker, adding gravy granules at the end of cooking time.
Great idea to pop in slow cooker – I need to try this too
Excellent recipe that has become a staple in our house. Thanks Nyomi!
Ah brilliant, thanks so much for letting me know
Hi I made this the other day the family loved it thank you for the recipe
I’m so pleased you liked it, thanks for letting me know!